Saturday, October 3, 2009

Welcome To The Jungle, Baby! You're Gonna...Wait, Don't Go!!!


Yo. My name is Ben Gebhart, and I have a lot of explaining to do...well, not really, but I suppose I do if anyone out there in InterwebVille really gives a damn who or what I am.

For starters, I was born and raised and currently live in Sitka, Alaska. The short-version is that Sitka's a small town, built upon a large island in Southeast-AK, cut-off from the rest of the world in that the only way to leave (or escape) is by boat or plane. Any further info, go to Wikipedia or just follow along...I'm sure you'll catch me either glowing or bitching about good-ol' Sheetka here and there. I've worked all-over town, but currently I'm the Office Manager (read: sole office-worker) and occasional "Warehouse Bitch" of a Coca-Cola distributorship, which basically means we stock and supply any business and grocery store in town that wants Coca-Cola products and various other things. Not too exciting, but I love the people I work for/with (strictly platonic though, I promise) and I get all the free sodee-pop I could want. Which is far too much.

As for the name "Big Money", well...there was a large part of my life where my main goal was to become a Professional Wrestler; I've since realized that's just not going to happen, but during this period of time I developed an entire "wrestling persona" in the vein of "Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase called "Big Money" Benjamin G. The name stuck, and several friends and aquaintances still use it to this day. And hey, it's pretty damn catchy! Now only if it were true, because if I was going for reality, this blog would be called, "Broke Ass's Review". *Sigh*

Anyhoo, this isn't going to be a usually-personal blog; you're not going to get deep into my relationship woes, or my day-to-day pissings and moanings about my ridiculously-easy job. No, this is going to be a blog that's as entertaining as possible, featuring whatever comes to mind that could be as short as a picture-and-sentence combo, or a pages-long review of a comic book run. Whatever the case may be, trust me: I'm virtually insane, I'm obsessed with all forms of geeky pop-culture, pro wrestling, MMA, and always have an opinion on whatever hot new celebrity, movie, song, or trend is happening any particular week. That, and I have a plethora of wacky friends (who I'm certain don't appreciate being called "wacky") that I'll steal from mercilessly, all in the name of entertaining YOU...The People.

Still here? Excellent. I'll be smattering the blog today and tomorrow with all kinds of older things I've posted elsewhere, so now they'll all have a home in a nice, neat package. And then as motivation finds me, I'll just randomly attack your very soul with NEW stuff, stuff that has yet to see the light of day...Or the terrible nights! So to close, I bid you farewell in the timely words of one Keith Giffen: "BWA-HAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment