Saturday, October 3, 2009

Wrilamean Studios Presents: The Atom Children

Wrilamean Studios is my own, personal comic book company that doesn't actually exist beyond its name; someday maybe it will expand beyond the confines of my room, but for now it's all I've got.

"Atom Children" is the first comic I'm working on producing, which should appear RIGHT HERE as a Webcomic once...you know...motivation kicks-in and I begin to draw again. The details are as follows:

- Takes place in a Post-Apocalyptic Alaska, ruled by an all-powerful mutant dictator, Veni Vidi Vicci; think Dr. Doom meets En Sabah Nur mixed with a dash of Darth Vader, and you got it down.

- Stars, as the title may suggest, The Atom Children: a group comprised of real-life friends of mine and several made-up characters, all with mutant powers. They rebelled against VVV when he came to town, and have been chipping away at his Empire ever-since.

- One of the more attractive concepts, at least on a local-scale, is that the characters based on real people aren't just good guys; for reasons revealed throughout the course of the story, some of them turned to the dark-side.

- What would become "Atom Children" first began when I was a sophomore in high school, originally called "School For Mutants" and was a far-more tame storyline; as I matured, so did the book, and it's been through several drafts itself.

- The whole thing is written. I originally hired-out for an artist, but the quality wasn't what I was expecting so I basically had to cut my losses and start-over. Now I'm going to draw the damn thing myself, which of course could take forever. But let's hope not.

- I did, however, hire-out for a cover/promotional poster, which I paid quite a bit of money for, and got my dollar's worth: BEHOLD!!!

(Click for large version)

I couldn't find the original, unsoiled version, but there it is. As you can see, the subtitle is "Apocalypse Now...And Then!", which isn't exactly subtle in its rip-offery, but I'm in love with it so whatever. The cover features from left-to-right: Lisa (made-up chick who narrates the story), Bryan "Bubba" Whitson, Ryne Calhoun, Travis Miller, Sam Eames, John Jacobs, and Richie Whitson (of "Ultimate Fighter" fame! Yay!). In the background is my evil, alternate-self complete with dreadlocks and gun, as well as Jonothan Badsmile, the main antagonist as far as Alaska is concerned. The artist is a badass Malaysian dude that goes by Sinn Chun Hou AKA Sitomize, a true gentleman and professional. I recommend checking-out his stuff.

As with everything else, news on "Atom Children" will be random and whenever the hell I feel like posting it. Hopefully, as the poster says, work will commence shortly as it's already friggin' October, but who really knows...

No comments:

Post a Comment